Monday, April 30, 2007

Squatting Victory 1st Model,Earliest Batch,Almost Extinct


As promised in the previous post,you will see the first model of squatting VICTORY in this post.

The first model of squatting VICTORY dates back to the 1970s.To be exact,the mid to late 1970s.

What you see here is Diamond Hill Crematorium.It's build in 1979.When I visited it back in December 2004 and March 2005,it still had the 1st model VICTORYs.

I don't know if you are still able to find them now.

It's a pity that I didn't have a Video Phone back then.When I was there in December 2004,my camera ran out of memory so I wasn't able to take any photos.

I made another trip there in March 2005 and managed to get the pictures you see on your left.

It was pity,the lights were spolit when I went there.Luckily I used flash on my camera,if not you won't be able to see the images so clearly.




The following pictures are from Mongkok Market.Mongkok Market is one of the old markets that have yet to undergo renovation.


The photo you see on the left was taken in December 2004.As you can see,the 2nd cubicle has been changed to the 2nd model of VICTORY.

The difference is that the 1st batch is slightly elongated.You can see the water in the 1st model.For the 2nd model,it's only a hole.











The 2nd picture gives a clearly view.The brand logo of the 1st model is a lot smaller.


Right now it's really difficult to find the 1st batch.Probably a good place to look are cemeteries and crematoriums.
I've almost visited all the crematoriums in Hong Kong.The only one that I have yet to explore is the Cheung Chau Crematorium.

The only one with this model is Diamond Hill Crematorium.But when I visited it in March 2005,they seem to be renovating the whole place.I don't know if the toilet will still be around.

When I visited Hong Kong in 1993(my first visit),I was able to find this model in Mongkok Eating Houses.Especially those old shophouses.

In 1996,the Belchers' Street Public Toilet was also this brand.There were many cubicles.But sad to say,it has been renovated.The currently brand is Kimware.Back then I had no camera.If not I would have taken photos of it.Right now,the only thing left are memories of it in my mind.:(

The flushing sound of this model is similar to the 2nd model.In fact all VICTORYs have a similar flushing sound.Including the Singapore model.

I will try to get videos of this model.But it will not be an easy job.It's very tough to find this model in Hong Kong.I'll probably try Cheung Chau or some cemetery in Hong Kong.Hopefully you'll have a chance to see it on video.

No comments: