Friday, March 30, 2007

Singapore's Potex Part 2

The Potex you see on the left is another extinct toilet.It's the Bukit Batok Bus Interchange toilet before renovation.You won't see it again.I post it here to relive the old days.

It used to have a cistern until they changed it to automatic flush.The automatic flushing sound sucks big time.

Nothing beats the cistern.This was one of my favourites until they changed the cistern to auto flush.But the worst thing was they renovated it.



The rectangular shaped one on the right is the later batch of Potexs.They belong to the 1990s era.This one was taken at International Plaza.It was not the original toilet because International Plaza was built in 1976 and this is a 1990s toilet.In fact to be very exact,it's era is between 1991 to 1993.

You can find this at Plaza Singapura before it was renovated(the 2nd time).This can also be found at Chinatown Point and Kovan Center.There may be other places which I have omitted.

Anyway,I'm not really that fond of this model.I still prefer the first batch of Potexs.

There a few models which came out in after 1998.I will try to take the photos and post them here.Meanwhile,just enjoy these few.Coming up next...we'll take a look at the SPs.Singapore's dominating brand of toilets during the 1970s to 1980s.(By the way,those are my favourite)
Till then...

No comments: