Saturday, June 16, 2007

Xiamen's Public Toilet A013,Off Zhong Shan Road Walking Street

Welcome to another toilet blog post.In this post,you'll be looking at Public Toilet A013.This toilet is situated in a small alley off Zhong Shan Road Walking Street.

Zhong Shan Road is divided into 2 parts.The first part is for vehicles.The second part is ONLY for pedestrians.That's why it called "Bu Xing Jie" or walking street(direct translation).

Look at the photo below and you'll know what I mean.

Public Toilet A013 is situated at the beginning of the walking street.(The end of the street is facing the sea).At the beginning of the street,you'll see the sign in the photo below.Walk along the small alley and you'll see the toilet on your right.

I would say that this is probably my second favourite toilet in Xiamen.The design is interesting and I like the flushing sound.Although it's flushed by pushing the button on the pipe,the sound is good.

I included 2 photos to show the design.As you can see from above,there's a little cap at the front part of the toilet.This design is copied from Japan's TOTO.

Many years ago,I believe it was in 1991,I came across the squatting TOTO in Genting Highlands,Malaysia.The design looks similar.But I can't recall what was the flushing sound like.It was too long ago.
-
Another thing I realised is that there are many brands of toilets with this design in China.What you saw in the "Xiang Jiang Shopping Mall" post is of a different brand.This toilet is manufactured by "Xin Wa".
-
So far I've discovered that "Xin Wa" has 2 models.One is this and the other is at Public Toilet A016.I will post it in sometime in the future.
-
Back to this design of toilets...I've done some research and found out that this design of toilets belong to the early 1990s.Many manufacturers seem to be using the same design,with their indiviual logos.
-
Now it's time for the video...enjoy.




1 comment:

realskullzero said...

hehe..interesting blog..keep it up..btw dude i submitted ur post on Digg.com happy blogging..cheers