Friday, August 17, 2007

Malaysia's Johore Pipe Company

After looking at Singapore's Johore Pipe Company toilets,it's now time to look at Malaysia's Johore Pipe Company toilets.

From what I know,Malaysia has 2 types of squatting Johore Pipe Company toilets.One of them is shown in the photos below and the other type can also be found in Singapore.

The photos above and below show Malaysia's unique Johore Pipe Company.Go to any part of Malaysia,you should be able to find this type of squatting Johore Pipe Company toilet.So far,I have never found this toilet anywhere except Malaysia.

This toilet represents Malaysia,when you see one,you know that you are in Malaysia.But to be able to find one that works,it's a tough job.Most of them that are found are usually not working.

The toilet above is taken at Kek Lok Si in Penang.I believe this toilet will be demolished soon.When I was there,I saw a new toilet being constructed outside this one.Sad to say,back then I did not have my Nokia N80 handphone.If not,I would have shot a video of this toilet.

Now it looks like I got to make a trip down to Segamat Train Station to shoot it.There's a flushable one at Segamat Train Station.If not,I got search elsewhere to find it.

I tried searching Kuala Lumpur during my recent trip,but couldn't find any there.Anyway,with my determination,I believe I will be able to shoot a video of this type of toilet soon.So stay tuned.

The toilet below is the sitting version of Johore Pipe Company.This type can also be found in Singapore,though it's difficult nowdays.This toilet is at least 30 plus years old.

It can be found it quite a lot of places about 15 years ago.Now they are starting to get extinct.

The bottom is a closer view of the toilet.This toilet is located at a cafe in Jalan Sultan,Segamat,Johore.

Suprisingly they changed the squatting toilet but kept this one.I thought it would be good to snap a photo of it,since it is going extinct soon.


I am also looking for this toilet to shoot on video.All these photos were taken last year,when I didn't have my Nokia N80 yet.But do stay tuned,I'm looking out for them.Once I get them on video,I will upload them here.

No comments: