Friday, August 3, 2007

Nan Pu Tuo Temple's Sensored Flush

This is quite an interesting toilet.That's why I find it worth featuring here.It's the very first sensor-flush toilet I came across in China.



This toilet is located at Nan Pu Tuo Temple.I guess that's the reason for a temple design.It is not located in the temple itself.You have to walk about 300 metres from the temple to reach it.But there's a big sign to guide you from the car park.



What you see above is the interior of the toilet.For the very first time,I see toilet door made of reflective metal.It's very rare to see a toilet with this kind of design.

The wordings on the door are "Care for public cleanliness".Which I feel is needed,especially in China.But despite the wordings,there's still a stench in the toilet.


This is the toilet itself.It looks very similar to Japan's TOTO.I believe there are also other brands with this design,just that I have yet to come across them.Taiwan and Japan have a lot of toilets which look like this.I have not been to Taiwan or Japan.But once I get a chance to visit those 2 countries,I will do a post on the different brands with this design.

The metal thing you see on the left wall is the sensor.I had a tough time shooting the video for this toilet.For it to flush,you have to stand in front of the sensor for at least 15 seconds,then move away.




After you view the video,you will understand why I had a tough time.The brand of this toilet is HCG.It is considered a new generation toilet.

So far,there are 2 models of HCG in Xiamen.This is the older model.But this looks nicer than the newer model.It sounds better too.

I will do a post on the newer model in future.Enjoy the video.


No comments: