Thursday, October 18, 2007

1920s Squatting Twyfords,St Joseph's Church,Victoria Street

After learning my lesson,as you have read from my previous post,I decided to seize all opportunities FAST.

What you see below is an 80 plus year old toilet.Although the toilet may look new with the tiles,the toilet bowl is still original.

Twyfords originated from Britain.This toilet has been around since British rule.In fact,most of the older toilets in Singapore are actually from Britain.

Brands like Royal Doulton,Twyfords,Shanks,Straits,Armitage Shanks and Victory.
Currently,there are actually 2 of such toilets in Singapore.This is one of them.The other one is at Ellington Building,Selegie Road.

Ellington Building was built in 1924.Go to the Indian Eating House at the right corner of the building and you would be able to find the toilet.

I planned to shoot that one because it looks more authentic.The floor tiles are the original old ones.However,that toilet has broken down for a long time and the owners did not fix it.

I had to abandon plan and shoot this instead.But this one sounds great too.

View the video and you'll understand what I mean...


No comments: