Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sitting Twyfords Rampart,One Of Its Kind.

Throughout my whole life,this is the one and only Twyfords Rampart that I ever come across.

It is a pity that they changed the flushing system to the push-button system,with the cistern.

But there wasn't any other choice.I had to take it or leave it.I decided to make do with the flushing system.Though it may not sound fantastic,it is still acceptable to me.



This photo was taken 3 years ago,at St Joseph's Church,143, Victoria Street.If you love old toilets like me,this is the place to visit.Both Twyfords were shot at this place.

It was only yesterday that I had a chance to shoot the video.I only bought my Nokia N80 in January this year.

Before the video,I'll touch a bit on the push-button cistern flushing system.Recently,the trend is to use the push-button cistern flushing system.Reason being that it saves more water.

As a toilet fan,I am not in favour of the push-button cistern flushing system because it spoils the flushing sound.If it is a push-button without the cistern,it's still ok.

Push-buttons without the cisterns are relatively powerful.Usually manufactured by TOTO or Rigel.These push-buttons sounds better than those with the cisterns.

Those with cisterns have limited water,as a result,the pressure is not high enough and the flush doesn't last.

The only type of cistern flushing system that I feel is the best is the high level cisterns with handles.Those are the best.Flushing sound is good.You can hear the beginning,the climax and the end of the flush.

Compare the flushing sound of this toilet and the one in the previous post.You will know what I mean.

Enjoy the video.

3 comments:

D said...

Have you seen my toilet blog? http://wcinternational.blogspot.com/

Would you like to put a link?

D
Executive producer
wcinternational

Marco said...

That's really a wonderful blog.:)

Yes,I would love to link to your blog.

D said...

Thank you for your kind words. As you may have seen, I have linked yours too.

D

Toiletologue