Friday, October 12, 2007

Squatting Royal Doultons Of Singapore

It has been awhile since I last updated this blog.2 Reasons.Firstly,I was really busy with work.Secondly,I didn't find any toilets worthy of shooting.

You might be disappointed because there is no video for this post.

A new friend I made recently inspired me to do this post.I didn't know that around the world,there existed someone who was like me.Who liked the same type of toilets.

In this post,you will learn about the Royal Doultons of Singapore.Royal Doulton is a British brand.I'm not sure when this brand originated.But the first 2 toilets you see below (with the elaborate logo) belong to the 1950s era.

The one you see below is taken from the Chinese Drama Center along Middle Road.I might be able to shoot a video of this as the building is still accessible.

However,the design is quite common.The SPs,Mask Brands and Potexes look like this.Flushing sound wise it is nothing impressive.But it's really rare to find nowdays.


The photo that you see below is a real discovery.It is the very first time I saw this type of toilet.I didn't know that Royal Doulton has this kind of design.It looks a little like the first batch of Victorys in Hong Kong.

This photo was taken at the old Nanyang Fine Arts Academy,Middle Road.I'm sorry that the video will not be avaliable as this building has been closed.If they reopen it,I definitely shoot a video of this toilet.

The photo below shows the brand logo.It wasn't obvious in the photo above.I had to squat down to take this photo.

All those Royal Doultons above belong to the 1950s era.The old generation of Royal Doultons.How many different models of Royal Doulton are there?I wish I knew the answer.If you know it,please tell me or share any photos.I'll be grateful.

Next,you'll look at the last batch of Royal Doultons in Singapore.This photo was taken at Centerpoint Shopping Center,Level 5A Car Park toilet.

The whole building was renovated in the mid 1990s.This is the original toilet of the building,which was built in 1983.

When I was younger,as a kid,I used to like this toilet very much.Because it was the one and only in Singapore.You can't find this anywhere else in Singapore.


In fact,that was the first time and only time I saw this model of Royal Doultons.The flushing sound is nice.

I hope that this toilet is still around.I will try my best to shoot a video of this.

This toilet resembles the latest batch of Twyfords in Hong Kong.I wonder if Twyfords took over Royal Doulton?Or are they trying to bring back the old design?

However,the flushing sound of the Twyfords can't compare with this one.

Anyway,I hope you enjoyed this post.I will try to get more videos as soon as possible.

No comments: