Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Goodbye Victory...You Will Be Missed And Always Remembered.

Saturday,13th October 2007,7:30 p.m.

I was on my way to shoot the last squatting Victory that I knew in Singapore.But to my shock and surprise,it was gone.

The coffee shop at Block 87,Whampoa Drive was renovated.Completely renovated.

The squatting Victory that you see below is gone...gone forever.In it's place is a squatting Saniton.

This toilet is believed to be at least 35 to 40 years old.It shares the same unique flushing sound as it's Hong Kong counterpart.

It is a real pity that I am unable to shoot a video of this toilet flushing.But I guess life's like that,when you fail to take action fast enough,the opportunity won't wait for you.

In certain cases,the opportunity will come back.In other cases,it will be gone forever.

Though I feel sad,I'm still happy that at least I have this photo as a memory.There are other toilets which I don't even have photos of,and they are gone forever.

Back in the 1980s,it was quite easy to find this type of toilets.For memory's sake,I will list their locations out...

1.Tai Chung Emporium,Blk 40B Commonwealth Avenue.

2.Crown Restaurant,Blk 40B Commonwealth Avenue.

3.Henderson Crescent Flats.

4.Alexandra Road Market and Food Center,Across Henderson Crescent.

5.Lee Nam Kee Chicken Rice,Blk 94 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh.

6.NTUC Supermarket,Blk 192 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh.

7.Loy Sum Juan Restaurant,Blk 31 Outram Park.

8.Coffee Shop,Blk 87 Whampoa Drive.

These are the 8 locations that I know.There may be more.However,all these places are either demolished or renovated.

If you happend to know where I can find a squatting Victory like this one,please let me know.I will be very grateful to you.

No comments: